The Golden Peacock Awards for HR Excellence in 2018 were held at Mumbai, which felicitated companies from across industries for the best HR practices in the year 2018. Thirteen companies received the prestigious awards as follows:
1. Concentrix Daksh Services India, New Delhi (BPO)
2. Sudarshan Chemical Industry, Pune (Chemicals & Fertilizers)
3. Myntra Jabong India, Bengaluru (E-commerce)
4. Gujrat Gas, Ahmedabad (Gas)
5. Cordite Factory Aruvankadu, The Nilgiris (Government Defence)
6. Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad (Healthcare)
7. Wipro, Bengaluru (IT)
8. Oil and Natural Gas Corporation of India, New Delhi (Oil production)
9. Wockhardt, Mumbai (Pharmaceutical)
10. ITC, Lifestyle retailing business division, Gurgaon (Retail)
11. Tata Steel, Jamshedpur (Steel)
12. Bangalore International Airport, Bengaluru (Transport aviation)
Apart from the 12 names mentioned above, Amway India also received the award under the special commendation section.
The Golden Peacock Awards, instituted by the Institute of Directors (IOD), India in 1991, are now regarded as a benchmark of corporate excellence worldwide. The selection process for the Award is rather transparent and includes a three-tier evaluation process based on internationally-recognised criteria.
The Awards Secretariat has constituted an Expert Evaluation Committee comprising experts from various sectors who are invited to assess the applications. Each application is reviewed independently and the ones that satisfy the basic review requirements are shortlisted for the Awards. The applications are assessed on the basis of an exhaustive set of parameters as mentioned in the guidelines for a total score card of 1000 marks. Entries occupying top positions are recommended for consideration by the Jury. In some cases, the shortlisted finalists are also asked to make a 10-minute presentation followed by a questions and answers session lasting five minutes, during meeting for the final consideration of the Grand Jury. All institutions, whether they belong to the public, private, non-profit, government, business, manufacturing or services sectors, are eligible to apply for the Awards.
Value our content... contribute towards our growth. Even a small contribution a month would be of great help for us.
Since five years, we have been serving the industry through daily news and stories. Our content is free for all and we plan to keep it that way.
Support HRKatha. Pay Here (All it takes is a minute)