Did you know that the fatest growing job today is that of artficial intelligene (AI) and machine learning (ML) specialists? On the list of the top 10 fastest growing jobs, AI and ML specialists are followed by sustainability specialists, business intelligence analysts, information security analysts, fintech engineers, data analysts and scientists, robotic engineers, electrotechnology engineers, agricultural equipment operators and digital transformation specialists.
Who do you think are fast losing employability? Bank tellers and related clerks, says a survey by the World Economic Forum (WEF). On the list of the top ten fastest declining jobs, bank tellers and clerks are followed by postal service clerks and cashiers and ticket clerks. On fourth position are data entry clerks, followed by administrative and executive secretaries, material-recording and stock-keeping clerks, accounting/bookkeeping/payroll clerks, and legislators and officials. On the ninth and tenth position are statistical, finance and insurance clerks and door-to-door sales workers, news and street vendors and related workers.
According to a report by the WEF, organisations today estimate that 34 per cent of all business-related jobs are done by machines, with the remaining 66 per cent being done by humans. That means a very small one per cent increase in the level of automation that was estimated by respondents of the Future of Jobs Survey over two years ago. This pace of automation is contradictory to what was expected from the 2020 survey respondents that about 47 per cent of the jobs and tasks in businesses will be automated in five years, that is, 2025. Today, the expectations for future automation have been lowered. Now it is being predicted that about 42 per cent of business tasks will be automated by 2027. Automation in 2027 is expected to vary from 35 per cent of reasoning and decision-making to 65 per cent of information and data processing.
Expectations of the displacement of physical and manual work by machines have come down, it is true, but it is expected that jobs requiring reasoning, communication and coordination may become more automatable in the future
Value our content... contribute towards our growth. Even a small contribution a month would be of great help for us.
Since five years, we have been serving the industry through daily news and stories. Our content is free for all and we plan to keep it that way.
Support HRKatha. Pay Here (All it takes is a minute)