30% increment for Telangana govt staff

The retirement age has also been increased to 61

0
1419

Government of Telangana has announced a 30 per cent pay hike for its over 9 lakh government staff, including contractual and outsourced employees. While 80 per cent of the staff have already received promotions, the remaining 20 per cent will also be promoted soon. The state government has also pushed the retirement age of state government staff up from 58 to 61.

By increasing the retirement age, the State government aims to make maximum use of the services of experienced employees.

In addition, now, the gratuity amount that a retired employee is eligible for will increase from Rs 12 lakh to Rs 16 lakh. Families of employees covered under the new contributory pension scheme will be eligible for family pension.

The first Pay Revision Commission (PRC) had recommended 7.5 per cent fitment to employees, for which Telangana was anyway to bear expenses to the tune of Rs 2,252 crore. Now that the State government has announced 30 per cent fitment, an additional amount of Rs 8,000 crore will be required. This hike in basic salary will benefit all state government employees and teachers and will be effect from April 1, 2021.

Vacancies that will emerge post promotions will be filled with new notifications. Teachers in the state have also been promised promotions soon. Inter-district transfers, keeping in mind spouses will also be looked into at the earliest.

The benefits of the PRC recommendations will be extended to accredited social health activists (ASHA) workers, home guards, Anganwadi staff, employees of the Society for Elimination of Rural Poverty (SERP), Vidya volunteers, staff of the Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya and the Sarva Siksha Andolan employees, and daily wage employees too.

Comment on the Article

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

eighteen − eighteen =