What employees think of their top management


15% of the employees surveyed feel the leadership style at the top level needs change.

A survey of 900 employees by JobBuzz, a TimesJobs rating platform brings out the insights on the skills of the top management.

As per the survey, 25 per cent of the employees rated the management leadership skills as excellent, 35 as satisfactory and 40 as poor. Only 40 per cent of the employees in Indian companies, according to the survey, have the necessary resources to meet their targeted output, while 60 per cent have no access to the required resources.

Surprisingly, the survey discovered that only 20 per cent of the companies use the available resources effectively, whereas the remaining 80 per cent are not considered resourceful. Also, only five per cent of the employees are satisfied with the level of interaction with their top management. The remaining 95 per cent are unsatisfied.

Looking into the management of employee issues and concerns, the survey found that only 10 per cent problems of the employees are excellently handled by the top management. The remaining 90 percent are actually mishandled by the senior managers. Interestingly, only 10 per cent of these issues are addressed by the best of top management ability. The rest are simply ignored.

When it comes to public relations, only 35 per cent of the top management is really effective. The remaining 65 per cent possesses poor public relation skills.

About the work culture across organisations, the survey reveals that only 25 per cent of the organisations have well-organised and flexible work cultures. In 45 per cent of the cases, flexible work culture is poorly managed, while in the remaining 30 per cent of the workplaces there is no flexibility.

When questioned about the scope of improvement at the level of the top management, 35 per cent of the employees felt that workplace flexibility can be improved, 25 per cent felt that the compensation scheme should be improved, and 20 per cent felt that the work environment can be developed.

Also, about 15 per cent of the employees prefer some amendment in the leadership style of the top management.

With great position comes great responsibility. The top management is responsible for steering the organisation effectively. The roles and obligations of the senior managers are chalked out to lead and guide.  

Ramathreya Krishnamurthi, business head, TimesJobs, says, “The top management effectively deals with all elements and forces that affect the survival, stability and growth of an organisation. Most of us experience stress when we feel lack of control over the events in our lives. It is important for the top management to manage their own stress, to create a less stressful work environment for the employees and make businesses strive. The top management can help reduce stress among the employees by setting clear goals, offering flexible work ambience and by creating a better understanding of business goals.”


Comment on the Article

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

fourteen − six =