Panneer Selvam is the new director-HR, BEML

He will hold this post at Bharat Earth Movers Limited till he retires at the end of October, 2020.

0
6474
Panneer Selvam is the new director-HR, BEML
Panner Selvam

Panneer Selvam has assumed charge as director, human resources (HR) and member of the Board of Bharat Earth Movers Limited (BEML) a defence public-sector undertaking.

He was formerly the executive director, corporate planning and procurement, BEML.

A post graduate in engineering, Selvam holds an MBA degree in HR, with 36 years of experience in corporate planning, procurement and manufacturing, in both private and central public-sector companies. He has handled various responsibilities in the organisation, including the materials division, production in defence, as well as the mining and construction verticals. He is also a BEML nominee director on the board of Vigyan Industries, a subsidiary of BEML.

Having joined BEML in the year 2004, as deputy general manager at KGF Complex, Selvam went on to head the Palakkad, Mysuru and KGF Complexes.

Formerly known as Bharat Earth Movers Limited, BEML was set up way back in 1964 as a public-sector undertaking, for the manufacture of rail coaches and spare parts and mining equipment at its Bangalore complex. The Company has partially been disinvested and presently the Government owns 54 per cent of the total equity and the rest 46 per cent is held by public and financial institutions, foreign institutional investors, banks and employees. It is a Miniratna PSU that serves the country’s defence, rail, power, mining, infrastructure and other primary sectors.

Selvam will be holding this post till he retires on 31 October, next year.

Comment on the Article

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

twenty − nineteen =