Year-end bonus checks delayed for google employees

The postponement of the year-end bonus is a one-time change and was given due to changes in the company's evaluation process for employees and the timing of bonus distributions in the future.

0
27225

In a change in functioning, Google has postponed the distribution of its year-end bonus checks to employees, which is unusual for the company as it typically releases the full amount in January. According to documents obtained by CNBC, Google plans to give full-time employees 80% of their bonus checks this month, with the remaining 20% to be given in March or April. The company informed employees of this change in May 2022.

According to a report by CNBC, Google provided its employees with additional funds in January, referred to as an ‘advance’. This is a one-time change and was given due to changes in the company’s evaluation process for employees and the timing of bonus distributions in the future. 

As part of these changes to internal systems and processes, the extra money is meant to assist employees during the transition period. The company stated in a memo that “After 2023, full bonuses will be paid in March.”

A spokesperson for Google told CNBC that the employees were aware of the company’s plans regarding the bonus checks. They stated, “This one-time 80% bonus advance was extensively communicated to employees in May 2022 and in subsequent communications since, as part of the transition to our new performance management timeline.”

Comment on the Article

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

twelve + 20 =